Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 1 Underway!

Nathan woke me up this morning, apparently excited to get going with our first day.  It was before 7am, raining outside, and I was not so eager to get up in those conditions! (brief interjection: I'm not opposed to being up before 7am, or when it's raining, but NOT when I've had to be up several times during the night with children.) So after about three times of him coming and trying to wake me up, I dragged it out of bed and staggered to the kitchen.  NOT to start making his breakfast...first things first COFFEE!!

We were both pleasantly surprised with the shakes we drank for breakfast...they were SO GOOD!! (And I don't like shakes-unless they're from Sonic and chocolate and contain enough calories to last you two weeks.) It was filling by itself, but we also got to have a piece of fruit with it, so by all means...  I'm anxious to see how this first day goes & how we're feeling by the end of it. 

I'm going to have to watch myself though...this morning I grabbed the box of Fruit Loops from the pantry for Macy, noticed another child had left the box open, so to make sure they weren't stale, I got one out and popped it in my mouth.  About mid-chew I realized what I had done.  I raced to the trash can and spit it out as fast as I could! CRAP, I almost  sabotaged it before I even got started good!  (OK, I don't think ONE fruit loop would've "sabotaged" the whole thing, but I'm OCD like that. Got to do it RIGHT!)

So, we're off! On our way to losing pounds & inches and to a healthier, feel-better us!

No comments:

Post a Comment