Monday, July 18, 2011

SHOWDOWN! Julie VS Roadhouse Rolls!

We like to go out to eat on Sundays after church. We try to make the decision of where we're going to go on Saturday night, so that when we're leaving church Sunday morning with hungry tummys, we can just GO and not have to discuss it or decide who wants what, etc...(cuts down on arguments & irritations!) 

We started talking about our options and realized that really, we could go anywhere-our options weren't that restricted. We settled on Roadhouse because WE CAN HAVE STEAK ON THIS PROGRAM!! :)  Not long after making that decision, it hit me...those HUGE, warm, butter slathered rolls that they'll bring to the table upon our arrival.  "We'll just tell them not to bring them, thus eliminating the temptation and possible caving," I reasoned to myself. DONE! Problem Solved!  Sure, we'd have to talk the kids into being okay with no rolls; but they'd be okay with just eating the peanuts.

We get to the restaurant, "Holland, party of 6, one highchair, one booster seat, please & thank you."  There's no line (yay!) but we're told they only have one table they can put a highchair at and it's taken.  No problem, we understand we're a group, we'll wait.  30 minutes later, we're still sitting there wrestling with the agitated little ones and we're getting not so patient any more.  So they bring our whining babies a few packages of crackers.  Those keep them occupied for a few more minutes but not long.  FINALLY we're seated with big apologies from the manager.  Then our waitress comes over in a rushed fit and says "I'm sorry but they just sat me with several large tables, y'all are gonna have to wait a few minutes before I can get your drinks and orders!"  Before we could protest, she was GONE.  Nathan and I just look at each other in amazement.  Seriously?!?! Well, in an attempt to make up for it, the waitress sends the hostess to the kitchen & she comes back to our table with TWO overflowing baskets of...ROLLS!! I'm thinking "NOOOOO, DON'T DO IT TO ME!!"  I know our kids are really hungry at this point and we're about to have a few major melt downs so we say thank you (and to myself, LORD give me strength!)  **Let me interrupt right quick and say, we CAN have bread on this program, but not yet.**

I'll spare you the rest of the story of our not-so-great-experience at Roadhouse...yes, there were MORE blunders and mishaps that occurred, leaving us in shock that so much could go wrong with ONE table, while we just sat there, watching it all unfold in amazement.

ANYWAY, we left full and happy AND without putting one bite of those luscious rolls into our mouths! (those steaks & grilled veggies were the best things we've ever eaten! We were REALLY hungry! :) )

We were proud of ourselves for resisting the temptation.  I believe part of what helped me to resist it was the fact that I am already losing weight & inches, and seeing a difference in my clothes and in the mirror!! after only 4 days of this program.  It's just amazing and so motivating to keep going when we're practically watching the pounds and inches fall off every day! Also, knowing that we're not putting any "drugs" into our bodies to do it and we're eating things that are good and also good for us!  Where's the "PRAISE" button on this thing!?! 

Starting Day 6 today! BRING IT ON! Can't wait to take a look at the scale tomorrow morning! ...did I REALLY just say that??

No comments:

Post a Comment